Transitions are difficult. People transfers, on-boarding new vendors, data transfers, technologies and reports, managing customer relations, etc. A Project Management Office may be the best approach to overseeing the process.
The first priority is for the new service provider to assume management of operations with minimal disruption to the business. Other important objectives may include operating cost reductions, improved service delivery across the portfolio, risk mitigation, improvements to data integrity, business analytics and reporting.
Capstan is often retained to lead or support a PMO (Program Management Office) set up to manage the transition from the client’s side, interfacing with transition resources from the client and service provider. Global integrated services transitions can include as many as 15 work streams to manage, monitor and coordinate.
Sample Work Streams For An Integrated Services Transition
- Leadership Team
- Account Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Data Governance
- Facilities Management
- Supply Chain
- Finance and Accounting
- Energy and Sustainability
- Transaction Management
- Project Management
- Occupancy Planning
- Moves, Adds and Changes
- Regional Teams
Transition activities can include:
- Monitoring progress made in hiring and onboarding staff and securing third-party vendors by service line
- Reviewing due diligence reports from the service provider as the accuracy of the service matrix, service levels, Statements of Work and cost baseline are confirmed through field visits
- Data migration and transfer from existing systems to service provider systems
- Systems selection, configuration and implementation including integrations with client systems
- Standardization and documentation of processes and reporting
- Establishment of a governance framework including meeting cadence, roles and responsibilities and escalation protocols by service line, region and the overall relationship
- Scoring the transition performance of the service provider against Transition KPIs
- Laying the groundwork for ongoing transformation.